layout algorithms

Topics: algorithm, graph
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Is it intended to implemented some more layout algorithms like a hierarchical layout (sugiyama). It would be useful to visualize program flows for example.
I know GLEE has such layout , but it is restricted to non-commercial use.

Regards
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2007 at 5:39 AM
There's no plan to work on any layout algorithms.
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:49 PM
I've implemented some layout algorithms (based on the interfaces of the QuickGraph). The implementation is not public at the moment, but i would like to make it opensource (i need some time to do this), so please wait for a little while... :)
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:50 PM
The implemented algorithms:
- Class diagram layout and Sugiyama
- Fruchterman-Reingold
- LinLog
- ISOM
- Kamada-Kawai

and i'm planning to implement more algorithms.
Jul 30, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Hi Palesz,

Thanks very much for offering to make this available.

Will the licence allow commercial use?

Do you have any idea of the latest time at which this might be available?

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Hello palesz,

I'm also very interested about layout-algorithms. Do you have made any progress yet?

Regards,
Hendrik
Sep 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Hello MikeGale, herjann, and everybody else!

At the moment i'm cleaning the code, reviewing/optimizing the algorithms. I plan to make it public in 3 weeks.

Commercial usage: i will allow it (i don't know which license will i choose, but i will allow the commercial usage)
Sep 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Hello palesz,

this defintly sounds great! Thanks a lot for planing to share your work with the community. I'm looking forward to hear more from your project.

Regards
herjann
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM
Hello palesz,

are there any news regarding your layout-algorithms. I'm still very interested in it :-)

Regards
herjann
Feb 13, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Hello palesz,

I would like to renew my interests about your project. Are there any news you would like to share?

Regards
herjann
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM
Take a look at my project at http://graphsharp.codeplex.com. Graph layout framework based for WPF, based on QuickGraph.