Vertex-Induced Subgraphs

Topics: graph
Jul 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I've got a large DelegateVertexAndEdgeListGraph, and I'd like to induce a subgraph from it.

Specially, I'd like to choose a Vertex from my original graph, and create a new subgraph that contains my target vertex, all of the adjacent vertices, and all of the edges present between this new set of vertices.

What's the recommended way to do something like this?

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Do you just want to immediate adjacent edges or are you looking for the reachable edges (i.e. do a depth first search from that vertex)?

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:58 PM
I want all the edges that are present within that sub-graph.  (My immediate plan is to look for cliques within the subgraph, as a start).  So, if my target node has an out-degree of 10, I want all of the edges that exist between those 11 (10 + 1) vertices.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM, pelikhan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Do you just want to immediate adjacent edges or are you looking for the reachable edges (i.e. do a depth first search from that vertex)?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM
The simply add the outedges into a new graph or build a new delegate-based graph our the currified outedges method.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Michael_Dorfman <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I want all the edges that are present within that sub-graph.  (My immediate plan is to look for cliques within the subgraph, as a start).  So, if my target node has an out-degree of 10, I want all of the edges that exist between those 11 (10 + 1) vertices.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM, pelikhan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.