Using DataContract

Topics: serialization
Jul 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Thz again to have develop this great tools, it is really usefull. Here is my question, i'd like to know if someone have try using quickgraph data over wcf with a DataContract, in other word can quickgraph structure(class) be used with Datacontract, and if yes is there any example of code that show how?

Here is a example of what i have try to transfert (the Edge<String>):

namespace myNamespace

{

[DataContract] public class MyEdge

{

[DataMember] public Edge<String> aEdge {set;get;}

}

}

Server compile but client complain about the type of namespace name "" does not exist in the namespace System.Runtime.Serialization

the client is generated as followed:

svcutil.exe /language:cs /out:myProxy.cs /config: app.config url

thz in advance

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I had a refence issue, the generated proxy just need to reference System.Runtime.Serialization. All works fine.

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Or you can have you contract type implement IEdge<string> and avoid passing the QuickGraph object through the wire.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM, graphTest <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I had a refence issue, the generated proxy just need to reference System.Runtime.Serialization. All works fine.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email quickgraph@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.