Quickgraph 2.0 and and DOT files

Topics: bug, glee, graph
Apr 24, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Hi

QuickGraph 1.0 had the ability to take a DOT file as input and produce the JPG (or other) output from that. I don't seem to find the .Render methods for this anymore. Has this been removed?

Also, is the licensing for QuickGraph 2.0 the same as for GLEE (since there seems to be a dependency on it)? If so, QuickGraph 2.0 is out of the question for commerical use, correct?
Apr 25, 2007 at 5:24 PM
I will add support for emitting dot files soon. However, I will not ship NGraphviz anymore, you will have to do the rendering yourself.
Apr 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2007 at 6:38 PM

pelikhan wrote:
I will add support for emitting dot files soon. However, I will not ship NGraphviz anymore, you will have to do the rendering yourself.

Whether it is possible to download NGraphviz code?
Apr 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM
igorfle

Looks like the NGraphviz is a DLL that is included in MBunit. You can download it here: http://www.mbunit.com/downloads.aspx.

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:11 PM

davidk13 wrote:
igorfle

Looks like the NGraphviz is a DLL that is included in MBunit. You can download it here: http://www.mbunit.com/downloads.aspx.

I looked it, it not new. I would like to compile NGRAPHVIZ with new version of GRAPHVIZ
Apr 25, 2007 at 11:06 PM
A long time ago, I put up NGraphviz together. This module has a lot of issues which I don't want to support anymore. Hence, I don't support it anymore.
Apr 26, 2007 at 4:53 AM

pelikhan wrote:
A long time ago, I put up NGraphviz together. This module has a lot of issues which I don't want to support anymore. Hence, I don't support it anymore.

Can there was a source of that old version?
Apr 26, 2007 at 9:30 AM
I lost the source somewhere while moving to the US.
Apr 26, 2007 at 1:39 PM
That's a real shame. The generation of image files based on DOT input is what I was actually looking forward to.

Thx anyway Peli :)

pelikhan wrote:
I lost the source somewhere while moving to the US.

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:23 AM
I could get the NGraphviz rendered back but I don't plan to ship it/support it anymore.
Apr 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM
I don't understand .... by saying "I could get NGraphviz rendered back" do you mean re-including it in QuickGraph? If so, I'm confused by the "don't plan to ship it" comment.

You'd add it to Quickgraph but not make it available?
Apr 28, 2007 at 7:05 AM
I mean I would add generating dot files back but I would not ship NGraphviz anymore. However, I'm pretty busy right now so it might take a while.
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thx Peli. It would be quite presumptuous of my part to expect you to do this quickly, especially since it is free and you're doing it as a favour.

I'll wait for the addition. I only hope you add a note to this forum to indicate it is ready when you're done.

Thx again.
Apr 29, 2007 at 5:49 AM
I'll make a release. You can suscribe to the release RSS :)
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Thx. Will do.
May 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM
I've checked in dot support.
May 3, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Hi Peli

I've downloaded v2.0.30421.00, and cannot find any references to to either GraphViz or DOT in there. QuickGraph 1 had something like a DOT.Render method, and that is was I was looking for. Is it different in this version?
May 3, 2007 at 5:20 PM
It's in the source, I have not made a release yet.

Note that I have remove the Dot.render method. QuickGraph will produce a flat .dot file, but you will have to actually call graphviz to render it.
This is extendible so you'll be able to use NGraphviz as well but I won't ship NGraphviz anymore.
May 3, 2007 at 7:12 PM
Oh, ok. Gotcha.

I was actually looking for the rendering support, given that I'm already producing the DOT file. I need to create the image at this point.

Thx anyway, though.