Error link Documentation

Topics: algorithm, graph
Sep 8, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Hello

Please note, that wiki documentation doesn't works and I don't know how to use it.

I downloaded source code and I review Dijkstra test and examples but it doesn't cover everything that I have to do.
I created a Node class that contains some information that it is not useful for the Dijkstra's algorithm. Also, I created a Arc Class that implements IEdge<NodeClass>

class Node
{
 string name;
}

class Arc:IEdge<Node>
{
  Source // Target properties are implemented
}

So, Following step is to create an AdjacencyGraph as follows:
AdjacencyGraph<Node,Arc> graph = new AdjacencyGraph<Node, Arc>(true);

After that  I create origin and target node, also I create an edge object that references to origin and target and EdgeCost that also reference to Edge
Node source = xxxx;
Node target = xxxx;
Arc objectArc  = new Arc(source,target);
edgeCost.add(objectArc,cost);
graph.AddEdge(objectArc);
graph.AddVertex(source);
graph.AddVertex(target);

When the graph has been created, program shall execute following senteces:
           DijkstraShortestPathAlgorithm<Node, Arc> dijkstra = new DijkstraShortestPathAlgorithm<Node, Arc>(graph, edgeCost);
            // Attach a Vertex Predecessor Recorder Observer to give us the paths
            predecessorObserver = new VertexPredecessorRecorderObserver<Node, Arc>();

using (ObserverScope.Create<IVertexPredecessorRecorderAlgorithm<Node, Arc>>(dijkstra, predecessorObserver))
            {
                // Run the algorithm with A set to be the source
                dijkstra.Compute(firstNode);
            }

Dijkstra is computed and predecessorObserver only contains one Node, the first node. There are more than 3.800 nodes and 2.000 edges created in the graph
Also, I would like to know what is the main function of VertexPredecessorObserver. I',m get lost.

Thank you so much

Pavleras

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Can you confirm that your graph is correctly correct by:
    - enumerating the out edges of the first node, it should have some.
    - running a depth first search instead of dijkstra (using the same vertex predecessor recorder) and see if anything gets recorded in there.

The dijkstra algorithm is just a graph traversal. The vertex predecessor recorder records particular events during the traversal. This mechanism is used to compose different algorithm with different recorders.