Graphical Interactive Web visualization of data through Graphviz

Topics: graph
Apr 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM

hi, i am using quickgraph in my project .. I want to visualize my data( retrieve from the database ) in the form of graph as an interactive web browser ...

plz help me or provide any example how can i visualize interactively on web through Graphviz...

Thanks and Regards

Raheel

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

For interactive graphs I'd advise you js frameworks like the JavaScript Infovis Toolkit.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM

i considered ur advise about JavaScript Infovis Toolkit ....

i installed JavaScript Infovis Toolkit through NuGet and run the examples they provide .. thats really cool thanks ....

now i will use this in my Project..

thank u very much piedone...

plz .keep intouch ..

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM

If you have any questions about QuickGraph feel free to contact me, I do experimented a lot with it so maybe I could help. It's sad that this project is on hold as it's a great (an AFAIK pretty much only) C# graph framework out there.

May 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM

thanks for ur help and support

Can u please tell we can use quickgraph with graphviz library to visualize graph interactively on web ???

Thanks

May 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I haven't looked into Graphviz. I only tried .dot file generation. That works well but alone won't give you anything in terms of interaction of course. I used this only to then generate .svg images through the http://rise4fun.com/services.svc/ask/agl service, just as it was included in QuickGraph previously but then removed. Basically this service takes a .dot string (the representation of a graph) and returns the SVG XML.

But if you want interactive layouts for web pages, I don't advice that for you. JIT is much better in terms of interactivity, as well as Dracula or jsPlumb. Canviz as an in-browser .dot viewer is promising but not yet ready.

May 30, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Thank you so much piedone i feel so pleased to tell you that your sugestions really work for me i succesfully used javascript infoviz toolkit to visualize

data in an interactive graphical browser.....

sorry for late reply as i was busy in other work, without your suggestion i will remain stuck in graphviz.

thank you so much

May 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Awesome! Can you show your project BTW?