HoffmanPavleyRankedShortestPathAlgorithm support

Topics: algorithm
Sep 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I downloaded the latest source from CodePlex and HoffmanPavleyRankedShortestPathAlgorithm was removed? I didn't see anything related to removing this functionality in the Discussions section. What's the status?

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 6:02 AM

It's still there.... http://quickgraph.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/36564#377982

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Is CLR 2.0 no longer supported (guess I should have been more clear)?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Yes it is. Does not build anymore?

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

2.0 builds - but HoffmanPavleyRankedShortestPathAlgorithm and RankedShortestPathAlgorithm are both missing...quite a few classes are missing.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Hi Jonathan,

After a long time I finally got some time to verify this algo as I use in my railroad software 'LocCommander' . And I'm impressed with this algo I'm now able to determine all the paths between 2 points in my layout.

Thank you very much!

However, as a 'modelrailroad' layout can become a very large graph, I wonder if some improvements could be done so that the algo speeds up in finding all 'true' paths.

users.telenet.be/loccommander/images/layout.png

In the screenshot (please see the hyperlink below)  you can see that when having a "triple switch" a lot of paths are possible although only a few paths(green) are really possible for a train to travel along.   After the algo has calculated all possible paths it is easy for me to filter out the good ones, but I wonder if in some way the algo could be modified so that it stops with determinating a path if certain conditions are forfilled that determine that a path is not usable.

users.telenet.be/loccommander/images/triple.png

Thus two successive edges having the same tag (the same triple switch) should not be investigated further... Could this be possible? Or should I use something different. In my current layout it can take up to 10 minutes (half Giga memory) to calculate all paths between two points in the layout... The max value is set to 10000.  For a small layout with a few switches it goes pretty well!

Thank you!

Best regards,

Frank Vieren

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2009 at 5:09 AM

I may find time next week to take a look at this.

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Ok, I would appreciate this a lot!
Thank you!
Br,
Frank
Jan 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Any news yet if you could provide a solution for my problem.

Thanks,

Frank

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Sorry I'm busy for the next 2 months.

May 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Any luck to look at my problem or request?

Thanks & best regards,

Frank

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Any luck for solving my problem or providing a solution yet?

Thank you,

Frank