Quickgraph 2.0 and and DOT files

Topics: bug, glee, graph
Apr 24, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Hi

QuickGraph 1.0 had the ability to take a DOT file as input and produce the JPG (or other) output from that. I don't seem to find the .Render methods for this anymore. Has this been removed?

Also, is the licensing for QuickGraph 2.0 the same as for GLEE (since there seems to be a dependency on it)? If so, QuickGraph 2.0 is out of the question for commerical use, correct?
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2007 at 5:24 PM
I will add support for emitting dot files soon. However, I will not ship NGraphviz anymore, you will have to do the rendering yourself.
Apr 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2007 at 6:38 PM

pelikhan wrote:
I will add support for emitting dot files soon. However, I will not ship NGraphviz anymore, you will have to do the rendering yourself.

Whether it is possible to download NGraphviz code?
Apr 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM
igorfle

Looks like the NGraphviz is a DLL that is included in MBunit. You can download it here: http://www.mbunit.com/downloads.aspx.

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:11 PM

davidk13 wrote:
igorfle

Looks like the NGraphviz is a DLL that is included in MBunit. You can download it here: http://www.mbunit.com/downloads.aspx.

I looked it, it not new. I would like to compile NGRAPHVIZ with new version of GRAPHVIZ
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2007 at 11:06 PM
A long time ago, I put up NGraphviz together. This module has a lot of issues which I don't want to support anymore. Hence, I don't support it anymore.
Apr 26, 2007 at 4:53 AM

pelikhan wrote:
A long time ago, I put up NGraphviz together. This module has a lot of issues which I don't want to support anymore. Hence, I don't support it anymore.

Can there was a source of that old version?
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2007 at 9:30 AM
I lost the source somewhere while moving to the US.
Apr 26, 2007 at 1:39 PM
That's a real shame. The generation of image files based on DOT input is what I was actually looking forward to.

Thx anyway Peli :)

pelikhan wrote:
I lost the source somewhere while moving to the US.

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2007 at 6:23 AM
I could get the NGraphviz rendered back but I don't plan to ship it/support it anymore.
Apr 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM
I don't understand .... by saying "I could get NGraphviz rendered back" do you mean re-including it in QuickGraph? If so, I'm confused by the "don't plan to ship it" comment.

You'd add it to Quickgraph but not make it available?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2007 at 7:05 AM
I mean I would add generating dot files back but I would not ship NGraphviz anymore. However, I'm pretty busy right now so it might take a while.
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thx Peli. It would be quite presumptuous of my part to expect you to do this quickly, especially since it is free and you're doing it as a favour.

I'll wait for the addition. I only hope you add a note to this forum to indicate it is ready when you're done.

Thx again.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2007 at 5:49 AM
I'll make a release. You can suscribe to the release RSS :)
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Thx. Will do.
Coordinator
May 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM
I've checked in dot support.
May 3, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Hi Peli

I've downloaded v2.0.30421.00, and cannot find any references to to either GraphViz or DOT in there. QuickGraph 1 had something like a DOT.Render method, and that is was I was looking for. Is it different in this version?
Coordinator
May 3, 2007 at 5:20 PM
It's in the source, I have not made a release yet.

Note that I have remove the Dot.render method. QuickGraph will produce a flat .dot file, but you will have to actually call graphviz to render it.
This is extendible so you'll be able to use NGraphviz as well but I won't ship NGraphviz anymore.
May 3, 2007 at 7:12 PM
Oh, ok. Gotcha.

I was actually looking for the rendering support, given that I'm already producing the DOT file. I need to create the image at this point.

Thx anyway, though.